Sunday, April 08, 2007

 

Ready to Rock!

This is a big week for getting stuff done for Sambo. Tomorrow at 12:30 I write my final exam for air pollution control and then I have my exam in Combustion on Friday. In between I need to polish off my air pollution project (a research funding proposal) and then Saturday is my powerlifting meet in St. Thomas.

I'm maintaining a positive "can do" attitude about it all because it should be very doable. A key factor will be staying well rested and stress free, so I'll probably lay low most of the week. On thursday and friday this week I layed down for 10 minutes after lunch and ended up sleeping for 4 hours each time - I guess I was more tired than I had realized.

I'm starting to think about leaving Ontario in the early April 20's, maybe about the 24th? My time between the end of exams and leaving should be filled with dicking around. My room mate Tim's parents are coming to visit him from New Zealand and I volunteered to take us all to Niagra Falls to see a famous piece of Canadian geography. If it's nice enough out we can probably ride The Maid of The Mist.

Last night we went out to eat at a Japanese/Korean restaurant at University Plaza. It was okay, at first I was really overwhelmed because nothing on the menu sounded eatable. I settled on chicken taryaki and rice which ended up being fairly normal but pricey. It was a neat experience to eat with sticks but next time I'll probably opt for something less international.

My study strategy has been what I'ld call short bursts. I study intensely for short intervals (20 minutes to a half hour) and then take a break. I believe I will retain a higher percentage of the material this way than through long multi hour study sessions. This week I'll also be big on napping as it keeps stress levels low and should preserve my energy for when I need it.

I'll leave you with this memory:

It was last summer when I visited Neil in Halifax and I didn't pick a day to go home yet. Sunday night rolled around and I was thinking it was time to hit the road soon when I realized - hey wait I don't have anywhere to be for days so why dont' we go back to Kart Bahn for another few laps. Neil agreed and it was a mighty good time, even if I did get a little lost on the drive back to his place. Wether you leave him an upper decker or not visiting Neil is always a fun time. Hahahaha. Beef Stew.

Comments:
Remember when you nearly stopped your car in the middle of the Quinpool and Robie intersection? I was all like, "What the hell?"

/the gay warden?
 
Perhaps my flesh wound would've healed over a bit faster if he didn't frigging keep pulling it open to pour antiseptic in it every 4 hours.
 
Sam didn't like international food? Imagine that.

The next person to flush gets a bowl of beef stew.

/Dite!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?