Sunday, February 04, 2007

 

Lunch in a Jiffy

This semester I've made some daily schedule changes. I decided to stop working "from home" and spend about 9-4 on campus working either in my new office or at the biblioteque. This also affords me the opportunity to be closer to the UWAFT garage so I can stop in and lend a hand when possible.

One thing about being gone that long is that I'm going to HAVE to eat. I'm not like a lot of weirdos my age who can just drink a coffee at 9 am, eat a bag of chips at 6:30 and hop into bed and call it a day. I demand good meals around the clock.

My new pattern is to cook enough food on Sunday evening to provide supper that night plus lunch monday through friday. Since the Christmas break my weekly menu has consisted of:

-Bone in Chicken Breasts with Bread and Butter as a side with a piece of fruit
-An interesting concoction best described as spaghetti with meat sauce except replace the noodles with rice
- Roast Beef with Potatoes, carrots and turnup (a real crowd pleaser for people like myself who frown on alternative eating styles)
-Boneless Chicken Breasts and rice with a side salad
- Spaghetti and meat sauce with a side dish of crunchy veggies

I find this strategy prevents me from falling into the typical student pattern of going over to the plaza for lunch at a pizza or pita place or eating on campus. UW has on campus dining in damb near every building (chinese food in the computer science building makes me laugh my ass off) and I've heard the one in south campus hall is actually great so I may try it one day soon. I've also enjoyed a lovely bowl of beef and vegetable soup at the grad house in september, and it was amazing and cheap. I can't figure out why I never went back.

Comments:
"Working from home" is dangerous. You are smart to spend more time at UW. I agree with you here Sam -- they are weirdos.

/dite
 
Having an office makes things different in my books, as far as staying on campus to do work. However, I will say that libraries are not as quiet as everyone thinks, and not quiet enough for me to do work. How am I supposed to concentrate with all of these people moving around?

Also, that's almost as offensive/hilarious as a KFC in the African American Studies Building!

/stupid pixie
 
Actually Shaef today while I was doing my Air Pollution assignment in the library there was a guy there I called Coughy Daniel because he looked like a bad version of you raised by a bad family and he kept coughing, no doubt due to his poor health resulting from sleepless nights of working on stupid school work. I called him Coughy Daniel because he had facial features that slightly slightly reminded me of you. He pissed me off. I almost wanted to move to a different table because I was afraid of his germs. To clarify things our library has cubicals I could work in but today I really needed the internet to access my course's resource site so I prefered the more reliable cable connection for Lappy which is only available at large 10 man tables. There are little fold up hatches at each chair that allow access to a network port and a power supply.

/the ALL eat fried rice for lunch.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?