Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Strongman Part Deax

Read the other post first if you please.


This guy is about to pick up the weights for the farmer's walk.

The final event was the stones - an event that struck fear into me. So far I had made some sort of success in each event - lifted some traps, did the farmer's walk some distance, etc. I feared I might not even budge the first and lightest of five stones. We had to pick them up and place them on the haywagon seen below. I got really physced up and was able to do the first 2 - the 200 and 220 lb stones. The third stone was only 240 but I couldn't budge it. Possibly this was because I was exhausted but more likely if you look you'll see the two smaller stones are real natural rocks of odd shape and easy to get a handle on. The 3 bigger stones were poured concrete and sperical and thus harder to grip.


I was proud to have moved the first two stones and glad to have enjoyed the whole contest and saw it end. All competitors recieved fifty dollars for their efforts which I felt was very classy on the part of the organizers especially as it was free to register for the competition. I like the way the contest focused on "functional strenght" instead of lifting a regular size and shaped barbell which is perfectly balanced like in powerlifting. Overall it was really fun and I'ld do it again. I was 9th place overall. Adam "Eddie" Arsenault was 8th and my friend JP Richard was 7th. We were all by far the 3 smaller guys in the contest with the top guys being near to or in some cases over 300 lbs in bodyweight. The overall winner was Chris Harper and the runner up was my favorite competitor Brian Arsenault. Third was a mountain of a man named Alex Wallace.


Comments:
I think a good acadian haircut would improve your performance as well.

/shave it off and leave da bangs
 
Some little kid asked for my autograph after when I was leaving the building. I wrote him a personal note telling him to eat his vegetables to get strong.
 
You didn't tell him to get on the juice? Guarding trade secrets, are we?

/how can you eat your pudding if you don't eat your meat?
 
Will that look good?

/you'd better f***ing believe it
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?