Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

Saturday Pattern

I'm developing a Saturday pattern for Waterloo.

I got hooked up with a group of Powerlifters who train 4 times a week at a local gym. On Saturday we meet to work on Bench Press and then we go for a big greasey brunch at a local 60's style diner - sort of like Frank's in Fredericton. It's a great motivation to get your ass out of bed.

Hopefully I do a little research reading this afternoon. Maybe look at some world oil statistics on the Beyond Petroleum Website.

Comments:
Nothing like the MASS eating post workout eh bud. My old roomate use to eat a full superstore roasted chicken after every workout, you know those one under the heat lamps. He was a little chubby after a while, but holy christ he was strong.
 
Yeah, eating chicken really helps. Heck, when I was going to the gym daily last summer and fall in Halifax, I used to eat 2 chicken breasts per day! I was gettin' up there, I tellz ya.

/2 per day?!?!?
 
Dan my brother Joey loves that story about your family being shocked at your 2 per day consumption of chicken.

A whole superstore chicken! That guy must've been HUGE. What was "Beef"'s real name?
 
Eric Macdonald. He doesn't compete anymore, he's more into the MMA stuff now. He's down to about 225 now, pretty lean. His old workout buddy though is nuts. That's Jamie Emberly, he just placed 7th in the Worlds in Miami last summer eh (110 kg class). He thaught me how to squat originally with the sumo stance. It's something else to watch him workout, what a freak of nature. I've seen him do 225 for about 25 reps like it was nothing, and that was back in the day at Acadia. He just keeps getting stronger and stronger.
 
Eric was a good 270 when he was doing the superstore chicken thing. POWERBELLY.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?