Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

That feels better

Hey Gang. Maybe you're wondering what I do with all my time now that I'm a free man. I'll try to give you a little snapshot here.

I spent May 28 to June 1 up at Waterloo University. It totally blew my mind! While I was there I had a very big change of heart. Anyone who knows me even half well must know that I've been a big supporter of staying on PEI or at least in the maritimes and I never saw myself having a life somewhere else. Well that fell appart in a couple of days! When I was there I realized that there's just so much exciting stuff going on elsewhere in the world that i don't want to spend my whole life here. Don't get me wrong - I still want to spend much of my life here, but not all of it and now being so young and free, not to mention single (which makes things a lot easier when you decide to move around) it's the perfect opportunity to get out and live a little.

I've been spending a bit of time (hm I guess it's two full afternoons so far) down at UPEI talking with Prof Andy Trivett who I want to supervise my Master's thesis next year. I even talked my way into a little part time job helping the people coming from high school into first year get settled and pick their courses. I've already produced an eight page manual for them that's basically 'Everything you wanted to know about UPEI engineering but didn't know who to ask". Andy's found a sweet project for me with PEI Energy Systems, the district heating plant down by the hospital in Charlottetown that heats a lot of buildings by burning garbage and wood waste and some oil. So now the plan is to do a collaboration between UPEI and Waterloo. Hopefully I'll be up in Ontario taking some courses and doing some library research in the fall until Christmas when I'll mozzy on home and set up shop in the C dot for a while to do some research closer to the plant. Since I'm only going to be in Ontario for 4 or 8 months at a time I wanna live in the grad student residence (should be at least somewhat calmer than the undergrad buildings) and spend my days SCREWING OVER the all you can eat cafeteria. I even got to go meet a group of competative powerlifters who said I could come train with them at night at this awsome gym called Popeyes in Kitchener, which is only about 15 minutes from campus.

I'm feeling a lot better in general. I would almost say that whatever "broke" when I realized I wasn't happy in Fredericton in the winter of 2004 has had enough time to fix itself. I have confidance in myself and I'm almost daring to start dreaming big again. I also feel a great sense of liberation - that I need to start experiencing more instead of measuring my life out in time. Yesterday I went out to the cottage and cut wood all day for Joey's new outdoor fireplace in town at his girlfriend's house. I also knocked down my old tree fort because it was no longer safe to hold the weight of even a small child. I changed the oil in my dirt bike and our ride on mower and took the bike for a good drive. It needs a couple minor little repair jobs but nothing real big.

I'm feeling a big liberation from slavery to the gym. Now if there's something fun to do like go to the beach or something with some peeps I'll skip the gym and just do it the next day - I have 100% confidance this will only serve to make my training regim more effective. A happy person is a person who's body is working under less stress and can function better. This Saturday there's a group of guys having a little powerlifting day at a local gym - not a real official contest just a chance to get together and bash up or bodies for fun and joke around a bit. I think it'll be fun.

Hey fellas I just found out Westjet have a deal on where if you fly out of Halifax on a Thursday a flight to Saint John's is only 99$. Anyone wanna go visit the dipster?

P.S. What is the reason for my complete lack of knowledge of when daniel will be around?

Comments:
I forgot to mention that me and Chris Milligan went to watch Grand Prix wrestling up west two weekends ago. We snuck into the changing room and when Chad Dick saw us he stepped right back because I think he thought we were going to kick the crap out of him but really Chris just wanted his picture taken with him.
 
Yo, Sammy. I be in the S-dot today and tomorra (June 13th & 14th). Fo' real.

I have confidance in you too, SPA, and I'm sure everything will be mega-great in Waterloo and the 9-0-2.

/welcome to paris, Johnny
 
Good post, Sam.

I'm glad that you feel "fixed". I can certainly understand how you were in a state of despair. I suggest that if anyone tells you to get a job this summer, tell them to go eat a bag of...you know. Enjoy the summer.

Would that be Chad Dick as in former WWE superstar Chad Dick?

/I misinterpreted when Dan would be around too.
 
Yes WWE superstar chad dick. Alone he would've killed either Chris or especially me. I don't know why he seemed nervous of us. Even 2 on 1 I wouldn't have confidance in me and Chris winning.

I just found a seat sale going to Saint John from Halifax. The dates in July I picked we could go for 262$ each including all taxes and fees. (It's on sale for 80$ each way). I'ld be in if everyone else is.
 
I'm glad that your trip to Waterloo worked out for you. Whatever you decide to do will work out fine.

We were planning on seeing Grand Prix wrestling in Georgetown but didn't. I'm regretting it already. Its been too long since I seen some homegrown wrestling.

I'm feeling much better since I was broken in the winter of 2004 as well. Life is great now and I wouldn't change a thing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?