Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Big Plans boys boys

I got my trip to Waterloo all set up. I'm leaving on Sunday from Charlottetown at 6:45pm and arriving in Toronto at 8:10 (their time, one hour behind us don't you know) at which time I have a shuttle reserved to go to the Waterloo Inn where I have two nights booked (sunday and monday). On tuesday morning I'll move into St. Paul's College dorm on Waterloo's campus for two more nights before I shuttle back to the airport and fly back to Charlottetown. I'm really impressed by the shuttle service. They take down your flight number and if you get delayed they wait for you or arrange another shuttle for you so you're not stuck. They also drop you off at your personal destination, not just some bus station. It costs 70 bucks each way which I think is pretty good for not having to worry about the hastle of finding my way around in a place I've never been before. I think the ride might take about one hour. The airplane rides are direct flights that take about two hours each if you count real hours on a stop watch ignoring the time zones.

I'm really pumped. Dr. Sullivan who used to work at UNB my first year there is now working at Waterloo and she's taken the initiative to book oppointments for me to speak to proffessors who do research in the field of Energy and the Environment. Most people on a tour wouldn't have this inside advantage.

I'm being met on Monday by two other UNB ME grads I already know who are also checking the place out - Mark Bettle and Darren Clarke. Their both two smart and athletic guys who would make great potential room mates if waterloo really impresses us all enough to go there. Mark even has the same general research interests as me. They're flying to Toronto at six thirty in the morning on Monday for some stupid reason (my ass is going up Sunday night to soak in the Hot Tub. Waterloo Inn boasts of being Waterloo's premier hotel. My room is on sale for 130 a night but usually goes for 200). They'll stay with me monday night and they're going home on Tuesday, I think Darren has a job that he can't get much time off from.

I even got ahold of a Powerlifter from the area via the powerlifting forum and he said we'll try to get together and train one night at a place called Popeye's.

I should have some good pictures for ya all when I get back.

Comments:
That sounds awesome! I had to think for a minute about who Dr. Sullivan was...silly me was imagining a man. I hope the trip goes well :)
 
Good job on getting your trip organized. I hope U Waterloo caters to your interests.

/Dite!
 
Sammy, I gotta say that this is an impressive step forward. Congrats on taking the leap! I hope all goes well in Waterloo.

/Deet!
 
Getting together to "train" for a night eh? Hope you're fulfilled by it but don't let you're life be a series of one-nighters. :D Just joking Sam. Depending where you go as a perspective student, the people in charge sometimes give you the VIP treatment. McMaster was really good for that when I went, but UBC not so much. Hope everything goes well.
 
P.S. You should re-name your blog "Tales from the bread dipping in chocolate milk, eating soggy shreddies, crumb leaver." :D
 
Good to see you back CB. I was worried you'ld been arrested for starting a violent group that lobbies for the rights of those who run red lights.

I'm almost packed up. It's about 1:30 now on Sunday. As soon as I got all my tickets and hotel booked Dr. Trivett emailed and wants to meet next week. I'm a popular man.
 
It ain't neat if it ain't Deet!


/I thought it was Dite?
 
Congratulations Sam. Have a good time in Waterloo.
 
Summary publishing uncovers the undeniable details about nike shoes and also how it can impact on your organization.|Brief review teaches you some of the inner workings linked with adidas shoes in addition to the actions one should do this afternoon.}[url=http://www.nikejapan.asia/]nike air[/url] Recommendations on how to understand every little thing there is to find out around nike shoes in four easy steps. [url=http://www.adidasjapan.biz/]アディダス スニーカー[/url] What we haven't heard about nike shoes might be costing more than one thinks. Here is how gucci purse Made Me Rich And Famous [url=http://www.guccijp.asia/]gucci バッグ[/url] Creative chloe Publication Unearths Easy Methods To Rule The chloe World [url=http://www.chloejp.biz/]chloe 財布[/url] The Astounding chanel purse Cheat Which Will Fool Every one [url=http://www.chaneljp.biz/]シャネル バッグ[/url] Practical ideas on how to find out all the stuff there is to find about chanel in Four easy steps.The true storyline around nike shoes the industry professionals would not like consumers to find out. [url=http://www.adidasjapan.asia/]adidas シューズ[/url] Whoa, incredible service. You must see adidas shoes straight away when it's still available for sale . . . [url=http://www.nikejp.biz/]スニーカーナイキ[/url] nike shoes Knockoffs . . . A Super adidas shoes hack That experts claim Fools 96% of the end-users

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?