Sunday, April 09, 2006

 

Another Blast from the Past

Hey all. I just came to the big realization I have five more nights in Fredsuckston before my last exam... and I don't plan to stick around after. Here's another story from 8G.

"The Big Storm"

Derrick Neil and I had all gone home to Summerside in the winter of first year. I think maybe it was the monday after midterm break? Anyhow it had stormed like a bastard all day Sunday. In the morning my dad didn't have work because of the storm and all the PEI schools were closed but UPEI remained silent as to wether or not it would opperate. My dad volunteered to drive us down to Charlottetown so the other two got a ride from Neil's dad Mike into my house, then on spring street three doors up from Schaef's old stompin' ground.

We drove to Charlottetown (once when we were on the lower Malpeque road the rear "trunk" hatch/door on our jeep popped open and our kitbags almost fell out because it hadn't been closed all the way) and went to our first class with old Rabiseur but after about ten minutes he clued in that no one was there and dismissed the students of first year chemistry. We went back to 8G.

I was bored so I put it upon myself to shoven out our front yard. I was high on the fact that I could shovel our walkway before the landlord got around to it. I dunno why but it made me feel really good about myself. So I started and decided on a path straight from our door out to the street which was in pretty bad shape already - it had probably a foot of snow in some spots. I shoveled all the snow off the lawn onto the road.

Later that day Neil and I were looking out the window from my upstairs room (probably saying "Mwa" a lot to each other) and we saw that all the cars coming into Brown's court were having serious trouble with the snow, especially where I had shoveled the extra stuff onto it. We saw one little car get stuck solid and when the driver got out to shovel at his tires I yelled out "Ha ha. You're Stuck!" and the guy gave a very pissed off look in our direction. Compasion has never been my strong suit.

I think I also shoveled the complete walkway all the way to the stoplight on another occasion.

Comments:
I remember that storm. I was not to impressed with him cancelling class after I drove from Rice Point. This was back in the day when I was REALLY dedicated to school. Nowadays I wouldn't drive to school if there was a storm. That would be foolish.
 
We really put an effort into getting to Charlottetown that day. I must say that I don't remember the trunk flying open. Remember when Nick Ballem checked the tire gauge pressure when his car was stuck at building 10? Haha.

/Neil, I insist you jump out the window.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?