Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

March "Break"

Well here it is on Tuesday morning at 7:26 after march break. I decided to start getting up at seven because my days have been feeling too short lately. It feels very spring/summery to be up now.

Here's a recap of the larger events of my march break


On Saturday my dog started limping a little bit, favoring on of his front paws. By sunday he wasn't even mobile any more. He would try to get up and then fall back down. You could tell it hurt really bad because he wouldn't let anyone touch it and he didn't seem his usual self at all. We phoned the vet's after hours number but she said it sounded like he'ld need an X-ray of his shoulder joint for sure and she can't run the machine alone so she was basically just going to leave him in a cage at the clinic until monday morning and that he might be more comfortable in his own house until then. So we kept him home and had to carry him in and out to use the bathroom a few times on Sunday. I phoned early monday morning and got him the first available appointment at 9:20. By this point he was so bad I had to carry him in to the clinic from the car and he was kind of wimpering in pain whenever I picked him up. I was really worried about him and thought this might be "the end" because he wouldn't eat or drink anything. The vet poked an prodded him a bit and discovered the problem was isolated to his shoulder since he would allow her to touch the rest of the arm/paw. She X-rayed it but this showed there were no breaks or fractures so she concluded it was a muscle or tendon/ligament tear and said he'ld be fine but it would take about a month before he'ld heal up totally. She gave him a medication to take home that would reduce swelling and pain. By the next day he was hobbling around again like a little gimp and then by wednesday he seemed about 95% better. What a relief.

Another event of note was my going to Moore's in charlottetown and buying a really nice pin striped suit, gangster style. I tried solid colored suits first but they just looked like someone was draping a tarp over an old refrigerator. I have a few events coming up (Mech Eng. Banquet, Iron Ring night, graduation) that I wanted to look my best for so I'm really happy to have this in my closet now. Perhaps this summer we can do some sort of fancy night out on the town where everyone gets dressed up "to the nines".

While in Charlottetown I also went to visit my two cousins Trent (age six) and Adam (age three). These guys crack me up. Here's an Adam moment - I was playing with him in the living room and holding him upside down. I asked him if his lunch might fall back out of his mouth (i.e. would he throw up) if I shook him (That's Always shake a child, right? Ya, must be always) and he says "That's okay Sam. Mommy can clean it up." Priceless.

On Tuesday I helped my older brother danny go find a good used car to buy. You just know I told him to get a sunfire from Greenspot in O'Leary too. He settled on a black four door 2002 and I even got them to throw in new tires. I really like car shopping.

Later Tuesday we got a quick family picture set done at Superstore. Obviously a grocery store can't provide the same quality service as a pro photography place like Boily's or anything but for 25 bucks we got one heck of a lot of good pictures. I think the next time the entire boys boys ensemble is together we should get a picture done. I think it's such a good idea I'll even pay. We should do one serious pose and a bunch of stupid ones, like where we're all sitting around a bucket of fried chicken or a pizza or something. I'ld hang that in my living room.

Saturday I played pool with derrick and we had Chinese food at King Wok. That's a good place to go at night. I can still taste the delicious MSG. Anyone have a glass of water to spare?

The next saturday Doug and I went to eat at Wendy's and just drove around. Always great to see friends.

Right now my summer plans look like this - Go the fuck home and try to forget about this bad dream that has been UNB Fredericton. I want to spend some time at the cottage alone - hermet style. The unfortunate part is that when I get feeling social again most of my friends are gone from PEI now. Hopefully by september I have somewhere to go to work on a masters. I'll fill you in as details become available.

Don't forget, Engineering Banquet is Next Saturday and Iron ring is three weeks from yesterday.

Comments:
Engineering banquet is next Saturday??
 
The ME banquet yes. I was thinking of going because it's our last year. I never went before because I don't know and or like many of those people.
 
Great post.

So you stole my idea of buying a pinstripe suit? Then again, I stole it from Doug. A tarp over a refridgerator -- hilarious.

/Hey, I don't remember saying that.
 
I'm glad your dog is feeling better now Sam.

I think I may attend the engineering banquet as well and show off the suit that I bought a few months ago.
 
If you two are going I'll go, but everyone else I have asked up until now has said no, I was getting disappointed!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?