Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

Why did I not blog this earlier

Hey loyal blog readers. I can't believe it's been in the two week range since I blogged!

The weekend of February 4th saw me traveling to Cape Breton for my second ever Powerlifting meet with the CanadianPowerlifting Union. Unlike may when I was still under 23 and considered a Junior this time I was in the Open men's category where the best competition is. I was in the 100 kilo weight class again (guys 198-220 lbs). I think about two weeks before the meet I would have easily been under 198 but given how much eating and water drinking I did to keep my strength levels at a maximum I weighed in in that higher range. Whatever, at my stage of the game it's not really of any benefit to be in the lower class.

I did finish 3rd out of 3 guys in my weight class but I was still super pumped about how much my lifts had jumped since may. In may my best squat was 340 (all numbers in pounds) and this time I went up to 425. Incredible jump. Bench last time had been 315 and this time was up to 358. Deadlift also jumped from 390 to 425. I was super impressed. Just to give some prespective though I believe the other two guys in weight class squatted in the 5 and 7 hundreds respectively, benched 4's and 5's and deadlifted 5's and 6's.

I'm looking forward to march break and it looks like that will be my next time at home. I don't know if I'll make it down to Hali on my first weekend now or not. I'm just so ready for a trip home that I think I'll go straight there. Hali will come later.

I just got off the phone with my brother and it sounds like I've got him talked into sending that Intrepid to the junkyard. I hate that car.

Comments:
Your brother should have accepted magic beans for his camaro before that intepid.

Those are impressive numbers, Sam. Really impressive. If only there was a way to combine your core strength with my quickness and athleticism; we'd be some kind of super-athlete.
 
Combined with my cunning ability to sound like I know exactly what I am talking about in virtually any subject that I know almost nothing about, we could easily take over the free world. Too bad Sam would get the fun job of breaking stuff... like bones and heads... And concrete?
 
Combined with my ability to change plans at the last minute we would result in worldwide pandemonium.


i'm going to try to be home the first weekend of March.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?