Friday, February 24, 2006

 

It brought a tear to my eye

Last night I was watching a tv show most of you probably know, Undergrads. When the theme song played it reminded me of the boys boys. Of us driving out to cavendish on a hot summer night to laugh at the ugly man working at Beavertails. Of us getting John to drive us around for hours and hours when we were in highschool and travel by motorcoach still seemed shockingly impressive. Of gathering at the Schaefer residence to play some risk. Of watching Neil transform from someone in Derrick Arsenault's class who looked like a cartoon character with his dorky little pencil case into a man who's ten foot high and murmers the statement "Derrrr, Urrrr Berggg Fuck This!" Boys boys you are irreplacable and this one is for you:

So come and talk to me
on my computer screen
The best years of our lives
Aren't as easy as they seem
To get the girl
to make the grade
it's all a show
it's all a game
And I would lose it if I played
It's all the same

You go out on Friday night
I'll stay in but that's alright
I've finally found a click to call my own

Comments:
That's us all right, although that cartoon character thing still doesn't make sense to me. The transformation that you witnessed compared very little to my surprise in the same class. For too long, Derik Arsenault would do roll call, and when he said "Sam Arsenault", I'd hear "Here!" in a booming, commanding voice. I was so disappointed when I realized that the voice belonged to such a wiener.
 
That is GREAT!
 
We're pure gold, dammit!

/scratch, eh?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?