Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

SERENITY NOW!

Well boys I think I'm finally starting to relax from the last semester. This was the hardest year to "let go" of the work world when the holiday came, I can't really offer an explanation.

My schedule is rockin' hard. I decided to only take 4 courses because I don't really know what's going to happen next year yet and I feel taking master's courses now in anticipation is a little bit like putting the cart beyond the forest. Can you spot my Rickyism?

Monday's I'm hella busy but the rest of the week I have off! Haha that's right bizat, I only work one day a week now. I have a course that meets Monday Wednesday Friday from 9:30-10:20 and I have that tomorrow but the prof said we're only having class for the first couple weeks then taking a break for a few.

This morning I invented a new course and registered myself for it. I call it Cakes 'n Creek. It's where I make myself a big stack of pancakes and smother them in the maple syrup Liam left behind and then sit down to watch Dawson's Creek on TBS. I'm just starting to get into that show. I thought it was dumb when everyone watched it back in the day but my delayed sense of media reaction has just kicked in and now I love it.

You'ld think I guy who only goes to school virtually one day a week would be bored off his ass but I'm loving it. Today I felt the happiest I have in a long time, and it felt like I could expect to feel that way more often now.

To those of you in a slump if any are - don't let other people upset you with what they worry about. This time of year everyone is like "ooooo I better get started on my project" or "I'm applying to bla bla bla for some job" or applying to grad school and stuff. My advice is to just say Fudge 'Em. Move at your own pace and you'll fit right into the life you are best suited for anyways. Pushing yourself hard all the time is way over rated and all it does is shorten your life. (Unless it's the good kind of pushing that you draw satisfaction from).

Life's not going to pass you buy but if you're not careful you'll pass it.

Comments:
First it was "Sex in the City," and now it's "Dawson's Creek." What's next? Let's have some wild and/or hilarious guesses, people.

/I nominate "Felicity," "Deperate Housewives," or possibly... "Ghostwriter."
 
Love and Peace or Else.

People tooting their horns is something quite common around this time of year. I think that half of the people that go to university go for the challenge, and the other half to complain about the challenge. I tend to pay the latter little heed and just do my thing. "Fudge em" is a great way to handle it.

As for Sam's next show, I'm going to say something cool, like "MacGyver".
 
"Move at your own pace and you'll fit right into the life you are best suited for anyways."
I totally agree! If someone doesn't want to hire me, I obviously wouldn't enjoy working for them.
 
Bravo Lex. It takes most people until they're 45 to realize that.

We often approach job interviews with the notion that we'ld drink the interviewer's bath water if we thought it would help just because they seem to have all the decision power in the process.
 
Ew! Bath water? Maybe that's why I get all kinds of interviews, but noone ever wants to hire me: I just don't feel the urge to drink their bath water.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?