Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

Uh-Oh boys boys

I'm posting to you from Head Hall today because my poor compy would not start this morning.

I'm hoping for power supply failure because that would be an easy fix and result in no data loss.

Symptoms: Hit power switch and compy behaves as if it is not plugged in at all. Tried a different outlet and the same thing happened. Opened up side panel. No LED's light up at all, power supply fan does not come on.

One of the boys from school (car dave) said he has a spare I can try tonight and see if it fixes things. Here's hoping boys boys.

Comments:
Is a power surge a possibility? I guess you'd have noticed if everything was fried. My vote goes to the power supply as well.
 
It's alright now. I bought and installed a new power supply this afternoon. I'll post about it later.
 
Well, I still want a cheeseburger!

/the substance is PEW!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?