Saturday, December 03, 2005

 

I've got my comppy back Alternate Title: I've Got Big Balls Alternative Title: If everyone else does this I guess I should too

Well I was able to diagnose and repair my desktop all by myself! Well okay, so I double checked with some of head hall's finest computer gurus before laying down the cash for the part, but at least I didn't run screaming to future shop or Staples at the first sign of trouble (cause the guys there would be looking for you to take a fifty dollar bill out of your pocket and go "Here! Tell me what's wrong with my computer")

I realized the power supply fan should not "know" if anything is wrong with the motherboard or anything else hooked onto it and since this fan was not coming on I figured it was the powersupply. So I went and bought one at Compu Smart on prospect street and changed it out myself at home.

Now for the alternate title of my blog today: It's incredibly vindicating as a person to be able to fix one of your material possessions all by yourself. I was flyin' high thursday night after my computer was fired up again. It makes you feel like you can do anything. I think I have to give the knod to Bobby McKenna as one of the people I've met in university who taught me to jump in and try anyway when a task you don't know how to do pops up. It's usually easier than you think.

Okay and since everyone else is doing this now I will to (shaef it's only you left and Derrick get off you's ass and get a blog)

2 Truths and a Lie about the Samwise:

1. I have ridden an elephant

2. My kindergarden class never got to put on our Christmas play because of a snow storm

3. I've only seen one major league baseball game live


I promise there are no plays on words here, the events can all be taken at face value and are either clearly true or clearly false. (for example, if one of my items had been "I scored the winning goal when our soccer team played in the Saint John tournament" then either this is totally true or totally false, not some bullship like "actually the tournament was in Halifax" Subsequently, anyone who knew me well in my soccer days would realize that this is NOT a man who scored a lot of goals.)

Comments:
Sure you didn't score a lot of goals, but you were the enforcer with your wrist-breaking habits. Also, do you really think the word you wanted was "knod"? My God, I hope not...

My answer is number 1. I'd think that the only place to ride one in Canada would be at a circus. Otherwise, it would require a trip to India or Africa and since Sam is so cheap (and a bigot:) ) I don't think he did.

/are you cooking yous supper?
 
I don't know about you, but I remember going to the circus in the parking lot of the Charlottetown Mall. I don't remember anything else, just that we went.
 
Yeah, but you scored one more goal than myself, so stop complaining.

/my poor blog will not be the victim of fads, I tells ya!
 
Shaefer you jackass, make a guess in the 2 and 1 game. And anyone else reading this better guess too.
 
Oh yeah, sorry about that. I'd say #2 is the untruthitude because that's... how I roll!

/take that, slapnuts! (jk)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?