Wednesday, September 07, 2005

 

My last year of my undergrad!

Tomorrow I start my class for my last year of my undergrad! Yeehaw! My official position is that I'm mighty sick of this but I can enjoy this year for sure - the outside of school parts and even school will be okay. I'll be crossing my fingers for a certain grad scholarship. I DO have a plan I want to do next year but I don't wanna explain it all here. I think many of you know about it.

This semester I have 16 credit hours. Should be no problem. I'm in my Senior Design Proposal (hahaha I will NOT do something fluids related) and Solid Mechanics, Thermo II with it's lab, Ethics, and principals of metal cutting.

Well I really wanna get out for a bike ride - it is beautiful outside tonight and I don't want to waste it.


Oh, p.s. I'm now sharing 1108 woodstock road with Liam and Amorette and things are going great!

Comments:
Any ideas regarding Senior Design Proposal? I mean, besides it not being fluids related. I advise you to think of a project that is solely mechanical (i.e. no electronics or anything) as it'll simplify things greatly.
 
I was going to try to think of a piece of "gym equipment" I could do, but something that's not too blatently copied from something that already exists
 
Just to throw an idea out there, what about something like a rowing powered wheelchair? I was in a group that designed it for a mini-project for mech design 2, and it seemed like it would be a reasonable thing to build.

So yeah, it would be like a regular wheelchair, but you would propel yourself by pushing and pulling (one hand pushing, the other pulling) on "rowing levers."
 
How about this?

Reverse engineer that ratchet from Canadian Tire. Figure out how both forward and backward motions result in the wheel turning the same way. Maybe have a brake for each tire for turning.

You got ants.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?