Wednesday, June 08, 2005

 

La de da it was lightning out

Last night was supposed to be our Ultimate Frisbee night but as you in Fredericton will recall we had a big thunderstorm. I agreed with canceling once it was pouring rain out but before hand I thought they were kind of all being a bit of underpants tea party lacy white doily sissies for wanting to cancel it because they saw lightning way off in the distance. I know some girl got killed by lightning but I think the chances of it are incredibly low. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong but I think if you're going to die by being struck by lightning it's going to happen, and it doesn't matter wether you're out on the field playing or if you're sitting on the side of the field himming and hawing about how you're a risk for being struck by lightning.

This is a new idea for my blog - I'm doing a survey. You all post a comment and say what you think is the one thing you need in order for a gathering to be classified as a party.

I'll say it has to have a lot of good friends, plus at least a few people you don't really know yet.

Comments:
Shielding myself with a large piece of sheet metal, I took cover under the tallest tree I could find...

Party mainstay: Some kind of weird light fixture. I always love those. Walking into a place with a black light or something gives the party a sense of legitimacy right out of the gate.

Neil
 
Sammy, the central item to a "party," or "partay" as they're sometimes known, is loud music. You know it's at the proper volume when all you hear is music and people shouting "what?" and see people nodding or shaking their heads to questions like "who are you?" and "what are you doing here?".

On the same note, the purchase of one or more Party Pizzas does not automatically make a gathering a "party," but rather a "pizza party."
 
I agree with that bit about a few people you don't really know, that always seems to happen. What somehow got forgotten so far: Beer.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?