Friday, April 01, 2005

 

T minus one week and counting

Hey hey! We had our last quiz in my electrical class this morning. The only thing left that they evaluate me on for that course is my fourth lab experiment report which I will be doing this coming wednesday. There is not a final exam in this course so I suppose the prof doesn't really have anything left to say that effects me. Yippee!

Optimization is pretty well done too, next week will be taken as a review period to get us ready for the exam, which I think will leave me feeling very well prepared.

Heat Transfer is pushing full speed ahead, hoping to cover two new topics in the next 7 days I believe. Oh B.V. Reddy, when will you stop?

Biomechanics - one class where I actually have significant effort to put in this weekend. Jonny Bowles and I are designing a better braking system for wheelchairs and will have to finish putting our report together. It should be okay. No final exam in this course either.

Last night through a fortunate series of events I got invited into my nieghbor's house for a slice of blueberry pie! I ended up having to drop a parcel for a friend of mine off at Rick and Caroline Landine's house, which is two houses down from my appartment on Woodstock Road in a beautiful home which Rick informed me is 180 years old. I had no clue this road had been here that long! I met Rick and Caroline a while ago because they go to my church in Fredericton here but I had never been in their home before and only knew them mildly well. Rick's an engineer himself, presently working out of his lovely home office here in town and also doing some financial consulting on the side so he's an incredibly interesting guy for me to talk to for finding out about how one goes about starting an actual career after they obtain an engineering degree. It's nice to see someone who started out with an engineering degree doing so well for himself, because it gives me more hope for the future.

I'm very much warming up to the idea of staying in Fredericton for the summer. I think spending my first summer not on PEI will be a large step towards a more grown up version of myself - like I need to squash this idea that every time school's over I need to run home to mommy, know what I mean? I think I should fit in really well working at school - school is an environment I do well in, and I enjoyed my summers spent working at UPEI with Dr. Dahn so I'm holding out lots of hope that Dr. Holloway and I can just be buddies. I mean, he seems like he'ld be a great guy to have a few beers with around a campfire if you could ever get him out ot one.

Well I really ought to be going. Brandon invited me to attend the end of the year Geomatics Trivia tonight at the 20/20 club and I think I would very much like to go. But first I shall do a little work and cook a ham dinner

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?