Friday, April 29, 2005

 

A really good book

Last night I was given a really great book by my friend Caroline Landine. It's called The Caper - The Monty Lewis Story. It's written by some lady named Joanne Jacquart and I HIGHLY recommend this book to you. In fact, Caroline asked that I read the book and then give it away to someone else so it's gets around, so if one of you wants you can reserve it from me. It's about this REALLY bad guy who's into dealing drugs and beating up women and almost kills a few people in bar fights but then he gets driven into Christianity by a series of fortunate events and gets saved by Jesus then he cleans his act up really good. The neat thing is it's actually a true story written by one of Monty's friends - he's a real guy from Cape Breton, hence the name "The Caper" - clever huh?

I made it through my first real week at work and it was fantastic. I must admit the weekend here in Fredericton feels a touch on the lonely side but I think this will be a great summer for "me" time which we all need. I think it should be a good opportunity to read more personal interest books - hey I should check out the UNB library since I'm too cheap to buy my own books!

Tonight I was craving a very summertime supper so I had barbequed burgers with corn on the cob..... mmmm mmmm good.

Well I'm off to read some more about Monty and his crazy caper. Have a good night y'all.

Comments:
But why do alot of potheads resemble Jesus? You know, they got the beard, long hair, and they're dressed in a robe for some strange reason.
 
I agree. There's a picture of this Monty character in the book and he greatly resembles the image the modern world has come to associate with Jesus. I once saw a show on the discovery channel where they looked at where Jesus was born and what the native people to that area look like and stuff and it's highly doubtful he looked like the pictures we're framiliar with. It's also highly doubtful he was a skinny white boy.
 
Monty Lewis is a real man. here's an update of his bio.
http://www.bridgesofcanada.com/monty.html
I have met him a few times through Harvest House Ministries in Moncton NB. If you're ever in town check it out:
www.hhoutreach.org
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?