Monday, February 28, 2005

 

Me March Break She's a Comin'

Just four more school days (not even full eight hour days to be truthful) until I have my march break week. I'm planning a trip to Hafilax (oops I mean Halifax. No, wait, I was right the first time) for the weekend and the on Sunday I shall return to my beloved Island. No really huge plans for the break. Don't plan on running around like a chicken with my head cut off looking for a job like I did last year, I'll probably just take it easy.

So in terms of a summer job I'm waiting to hear about the NSERC grant I applied for. If I recieve one of these grants it will mean I work with a professor (Gordon Holloway) at the UNB mechancal engineering department where I study on a research project as my summer job. Dr. Holloway has already said that if I worked for him for the summer we could count the work I do as work towards my Masters degree, even though I won't be finishing my Bachelor's until the end of next year (April 2006). Truth be told I don't know what I'ld do with a masters degree if I got one, but I suppose it couldn't hurt. Maybe my life holds work for me which I will require one for, perhaps?

Well tonight is scheduled for relaxation. Gonna watch a movie I rented (The Day After Tomorrow) and maybe read some more in this great new book I bought this weekend. I hope all you people are enjoying your weeks!

Comments:
The work counts toward your master's? That doesn't sound like a level playing field to me. To each his own I guess. That sounds good, though. If you get research underway before classes commence, that really helps. I doubt NSERC will deny you; you're a member of the NSERC family already.

Neil
 
My spring break involved sitting on my ass for most of it.


Oh yeah, I worked on Finance.

Hopefully your spring break will be better than mine.

Matt
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?