Thursday, February 24, 2005

 

Got Jesus?

Okay, now if you're a regular reader here and a personal friend of mine you already know I'm a very different at best and downright nutty as a fruitcake on a bad day. This Blog entry is gonna top it all - if you ever thought I was weird before then hold onto you hats ladies and gentleman because you're headed into the eye of the weirdicane. I appologize for any offence this blog may cause, but refuse to take back anything I say.

Do you Know Jesus? Or at least know about Jesus?

As many of you would know, I found my way to Christ, so to speak, some time a couple years ago, I don't remember an exact date or place but it was sometime during the amazing UPEI engineering days and I've been Saved as a Christian since then.

What this means is that I have faith (that is, a conscious decision that I personally made for myself to believe) that Jesus Christ, the son of the God written about in the bible, has wiped my personal slate clean of all sins I've committed in the past and will commit in the future. Because of this clean wipe I believe I am going to heaven when I die, as is anyone else who recieves this gift of faith. I believe going to heaven is NOT based on a score card of good and bad deeds committed in one's lifetime. It's a gift given for the price of belief.

The past years have been, well to be honest, pretty darn weird. I've started doing things I used to think were super weird - praying, going to church (voluntarily, mind you), even being so weird as to listen to Christian music and write some thoughts down about God in a journal and reading the Bible and talk to other Christian weirdos about God. But the weirdest thing of all is that I actually like it, it feels great, and the more I do it the more I like it and keep on doing it.

I want to encourage anyone who is wondering about this weird Christian life to get ahold of me at sam.arsenault@unb.ca and ask me anything you want to know or if there's anything you think I can help you with or if you want me to pray for you about something I'll try. (Please don't anyone get the notion that i wrote this with you in mind because I thought you desperately needed it and I'm ahead of you so I can help you or something stupid like that - this would be totally false.) I'm not naive and I know I'm in many ways a crappy Christian - but trust me, it feels way better than being a really great non-Christian.

Well there you go, that's ten pounds of my beliefs in a five pound bag. Thanks for letting me speak my mind, sometimes I think this blog is more about me writing than you listening.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Hmm...this sounds like a positive feedback mechanism to me. I think you're on to something. Even to the most pessimistic person (ie. atheist) you can say "If I'm wrong, no big deal. If you're wrong, you're !$*,=+." Eternity is not a subject to take lightly. What we need is more hellfire and brimstone priests to instill fear into the common man!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?