Friday, February 18, 2005

 

Ah pooh!

Last night somebody dented my car and scratched the paint.

I was over at my friend Gary's house and I parked on his road (in a sensible and legal fashion I might add). When I went to leave I realized there was a dent about three times the size of my head in my driver's side door, and there are many scratches in the paint around this general area. The weird thing is that I was sitting in the living room the whole time I was at Gary's house and he lives on a particularly quiet street and I'm almost sure no cars drove by while I was there.

I feel crappy about this because I always take care to be nice to my car. I wash it at least once a week when the weather cooperates and I wax it a few times a year and now my car looks like crap! I almost feel guilty, like I did something irresponsible and I'm feeling the consequences.

I don't blame whoever did this, I think it's entirely possible that it was an honest mistake and they might not even know that it happened. I mean if someone was out to get me they would have done more than this (the door isn't really that bad, I mean people who aren't car people at all might not even notice if the car was a little bit dirty). At least it's isolated to the door, it's not like three different panels all got hit.

It's really a tough situation, but I'll be the first one to admit you have to expect these things to happen. I might end up getting my door fixed by a bodyman, I mean I'll look into it an see how much it would cost. Money's a small price to pay for being content.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?